When the Japan sea side track route was all electrified, this model was newly produced since 1968 as an electric locomotive that can be used all the way through the three different electrified areas on the route (DC 1500V, AC 20000V 50Hz/60Hz). The locomotive drew passenger/freight trains in a wide area from Japan Proper to Kyushu.
The prototype EF81 now planned as a scale model is the original version which was neither equipped with JR wireless antenna nor with Joban area wireless antenna.
● Outside appearance accurately reproduced such as large size electric heating indicator outside spring taillight the paint color usually called rosy pink.
● Window frame sealing rubber represented grey release lever black.
● Insulators reproduced green.
● Motor unit with flywheel achieving stable powerful traction power
● Equipped with an Arnold coupler. A knuckle coupler is included with the product for exchange.
● Operative headlight. Light bulb color LED is used.