The Electric Locomotive EF64-0 was built in 1964 as a standard type for mountainous areas. Even today, over 35 years from original production, we can see still them on every highland railroad. The EF64-0 has many variations of its specifications depending on their production era (i.e. with or without electric generator, location of equipment on the roof). The prototype of this model is the Early Version which has electric generator (E.G.). The visible feature of this version is two louvers below the front windshield for the E.G.
● Smooth and powerful running with flywheels
● Good proportion of bodyshell well detailed truck sideframe & roof equipments
● Visible cab interior details
● Selectable number boards (#29 31 34 38)
● Printed marks on the bodyshell
● Well detailed box-type wheel center
● Body-mounted Arnold (Rapido) Coupler equipped (Optional KATO Coupler included)