Kato will make the N-scale model of the latest express series E353. This express started the service since December of 2017 to succeed series E257 or E351 which had been operated as “Azusa” or “Kaiji”, etc. It has superb curving performance like series E351 equipped with mechanism of tilting body on curves using air spring.
The train of simple and bold design with purple belts on the alpine white body looks like very speedy. This express represents the next generation expresses. It is now in service as “Super Azusa”, “Azusa” and “Kaiji”.
The N scale model is equipped with Kato’s original tilting mechanism which shows the realistic curving performance like the real train.
● Prototype is S203 + S103 organization belonging to Matsumoto Vehicle Center as of 2018.
● The head shape full of speed and the paint color of the powerful design are realistically reproduced just like the actual car.
● Adopts KATO original body tilt mechanism. A realistic curve passing scene that tilts the body and approaches the actual vehicle is realistically reproduced.
● Antennas on the roof are already installed.
● The cooler reproduces the central body without stainless steel paint and the front and back covers with silver paint.
● Adopting a flywheel power unit realizes stable driving.
● Snap-on cart adopted.
● Body mount close-coupled coupler (no hook) is used for the intermediate connection. The top of Cars 1 and 12 uses a dummy coupler that reproduces the figure with a cover. The top of the 3rd and 4th car adopts a body mount dense coupler (no hook) that reproduces the electric connection part.
● Head / tail light on. All five lights are on.
● The chairs in the car are reproduced in blue purple for normal cars and brown for green cars.
● Car number, non-smoking mark, wheelchair mark printed.
● Destination display sticker included. A variety of destinations such as "Super Azusa", "Azusa" and "Kaiji" will be recorded.
● When all three sets are prepared, all 12 cars can be stored in the bookcase of the extension set and attached set.
● DCC friendly.