There are 10 three-car trains set and 27 two-car trains set for one-man operation (as of 2020) of Series 701-0 at the Akita Train Center.
Series 701-0 operates only in the Akita area, and is characterized by the tail light being positioned lower and an electric generator being installed as the auxiliary power unit.
It supports regional transportation over a wide area, mainly in Akita, between Shinjo and Aomori on the “Ou Main Line”, between Sakata and Akita on the “Uetsu Main Line”, and between Aomori and Kanita on the “Tsugaru Line”.
You can see 2+2 and 2+3 trains can set in actual cars, and can also be reproduced in N scale model
-Prototype of Kawasaki Heavy Industries' all-long seats belonging to the Akita Vehicle Center
-Reproduce the form after single arm pantograph, reinforced skirt replacement, and equipment update
-Detailed reproduction of the underfloor equipped with a motor generator as a unique tail light arrangement and auxiliary power supply
● Each car uses a body-mounted close-coupled coupler without hooks. Comes with a Denren for mounting the head
● A reinforced skirt with a snowplow shape that is similar to the actual vehicle with an integrated body support, jumper plug, and air hose. Reproduce the appearance that the position of the notch is different between Kumoha and Kuha. (The coupler cannot be swung. When driving by connecting the heads together, please use the accessory skirt for connecting.)
● Beautifully expresses the simple pink belt that represents the cars placed in the Akita area
-The 2-car set reproduces the appearance with a one-man display
● Stable running is possible by adopting a power unit with a flywheel. Driven by a single dolly, equipped with traction tires
● The coupler cover is already attached to the leading car coupler.
● Front display "Akita (LED display)" has been printed