923-3000 T5 configuration train, which is nicknamed “Doctor Yellow” and popular as a yellow Shinkansen, is a comprehensive test car of the Shinkansen electric railroads which collects basic data for track maintenance. Kato represents the floodlight which sheds light on the pantograph for measuring catenary by making the light turned on accurately and realistically.
-The 923 type 3000 series (T5 organization) that appeared based on the 700 series Shinkansen was manufactured in 2005. Several times a month, it travels back and forth between Tokyo and Hakata and supports electrical transportation and railroad equipment to ensure safe transportation.
● The JR West Japan affiliated 3000 series T5 organization is a prototype, and the details (product presence / absence of No. 7 car antenna, jack-up hole, roof color, etc.) different from JR Tokai affiliated T4 organization are accurately captured and commercialized.
● Accurate reproduction of distinctive and unique paint colors
● Precise reproduction of observation dome and inspection equipment on the roof, which is unique to the test vehicle, all over the body
● Reproduced with a lighting-type "projector for inspection" installed near the pantograph of Car 2 and Car 6
● The headlight / taillight of the first car, which is different from the normal 700 series, expresses two-color headlights with different colors
● Equipped with an easy-to-handle holo coupler similar to E5 series “Hayabusa” with a restoration function
● The side window expresses the state where the roll curtain is applied to reproduce the actual vehicle inspection
● Equipped with a well-established flywheel power unit
● The 3-car basic set is a paper box, the 4-car add-on set is a 7-car book case type, and can hold a 3-car basic set.
● DCC friendly