Kato has developed a motorized Driving Unit to power the “B Train Shorty” manufactured for toy maker, Bandai. The driving unit will now be made in two other versions, the #11-106 “Commuter Train 2” and the #11-107 “Express Train 1.” These new mechanisms are different from each other and from the original version (#11-105 “Commuter Train 1”) only in shape of their truck side frames. They can be used not only for “B Train Shorty” but also for other conversion purposes and home modeling projects.
Individual trucks in each style will also be available, primarily intended for use with the B train trailer cars but useful for other modeling projects as well.
● With the size and form which can be installed without modification to Bandai’s “B Train Shorty”
● Driving Unit is equipped with realistic looking boggy trucks
● Bolster-less trucks commonly seen in new commuter trains used for Commuter Train 2
● Trucks with wing spring seen in Express Trains of former Japan National Railways used for Express Train 1
● Shows nice running performance even on a track layout with many curves
● Can also be used for small scratch-built rolling stocks or other narrow-scale model trains