The prototype, Electric Locomotive EH200, made its debut as a trial sample in 2001 to succeed the EF64. The EH200 is the second two-body combined H-Class (8 axle drive) new electric locomotive for JR Freight, following the EH500. It is as powerful as double connected EF64, and is actually planned for use on the Chuo, Shin-etsu and Jo-etsu mainlines, where the EF64 was operated. As it runs very fast with the giant body, which is 25 meters long, it is nicknamed "Blue Thunder".
The N scale model is planned for the release in March, 2004.
● Exact representation of the prototype with combined two-bodies and 8 driving axles
● High brightness LED headlight
● Driving unit equipped with flywheel to achieve powerful and smooth operation
● Beautiful coloring with separately painted light blue dark blue and gray
● Representation of the robust body and heavy trucks
● Details such as windows and grilles on the side body and rooftop details are finely carved.
● Equipped with realistic gun-black wheels
● Lettering is finely printed on the body
● Four optional number plates
● Representation of cabin interiors (driver figure can be placed in it)
● Equipped with body-mount coupler (Kato coupler adaptor for optional use)