Kato will make an N-scale electric postal cargo train KUMOYUNI 147 which was in service along with Series 119 on Ida Line.
When the older JNR trains were replaced by series 119, the transport of postal cargo was also taken over by KUMOYUNI 147 from the older JNR trains. As the car was mostly operated in connection with series 119, the paint scheme of the car was also in consistence with series 119.
As the car was planned for the operation on Ida Line only, it is characterized by omission of anti-snow equipment such as front skirt or taifon cover.
● 4870-1 Postal Cargo Car KUMOYUNI 147
● The prototype for the scale model is the train in service on Ida Line 1983 to 1985 belonging to Toyohashi engine depot.
● The body sides accurately represented with lined-up crew doors and relatively few side windows distinctive to a postal cargo train
● Depressed doors for luggage chambers
● Equipped with pantograph PS23
● Doorsills for doors for crew and those for luggage chambers are silver
● Security equipment table printed
● Rubber seal frames are grey
● Both ends of the train equipped with head/taillights and front side indication light (with turnoff switch). Bulb light color LED adopted.
● The front sign ready printed white on navy grey.