Kato will make in N scale Series E3-2000 Shinkansen bullet train former paint scheme which was seen by 2016.
The former paint scheme of silver metallic and gray body wound with a green belt was adopted for Series E3-1000 which appeared in 1999.
Series E3-2000, Yamagata Shinkansen’s main train, was in this paint scheme in about 8 years since its debut in 2008. When L63 configuration train, which remained to the end in the paint scheme, was decommissioned by making its last run on Oct. 26, 1928, this paint scheme, that was popular as long as 17 years, disappeared.
● Such characters which distinguish E3-2000 from E3-1000 are accurately reproduced as windows position on car Nos 16 and 17 as well as the shape of headlights on the top car enlarged side displays different covers over mechanism under floor.
● The top car heading for Tokyo E311 (Car No. 11) is fitted with coupler on the top so that the train can be connected with E2-1000 or E4 Shinkansens.
● Diaphragm couplers are employed in the middle to ensure realistic coupling and stable run.
● Equipped with power unit with flywheels to achieve powerful run.
● “Tsubasa 140 Tokyo” is printed as the side destination display.