Modifying ED75 with reporting car No. 700 and over, ED79 first appeared in 1986 to pull a train on Tsugaru Strait Line, leading under the sea through Seikan tunnel, then the world longest tunnel, between Aomori in Japan Proper and Hakodate in Hokkaido. The modification was designed to pull a train through the undersea tunnel with long down- and upward slopes.
We will remodel and equip it with a driving unit with flywheel for improved running performance.
● Driving motor unit with flywheel
● Magnetic Front Marks now easy to fit
● Pantograph with crossing frames near the base
● Detailed representation of the cab (Interiors such as control panel chair etc.)
● Letterings realistically printed on the body
● Body-mounted coupler (Kato coupler-adaptor optionally usable)