The 800 series, which is active on the Kyushu Shinkansen between Hakata and Kagoshima Chuo, has been expanded since 2009 toward the opening of the entire Kyushu Shinkansen, and currently eight trains are in operation.
The 800 series 1000 series features different headlights and exterior side lines from the 0 series.
Kyushu with Pixar's original design as a "JR Kyushu GO! WAKU WAKU ADVENTURE with PIXAR" project that appeals the trip on the Kyushu Shinkansen with the concept of "Let's explore Kyushu on a train with Pixar's friends!" The Shinkansen 800 series will start operating for a limited time from September 12, 2020.
-Commercialization of "U9 formation" with PIXAR characters and designs in the shape of each prefecture in Kyushu wrapped
● Uses an original color package inspired by the "JR Kyushu WAKU WAKU ADVENTURE Shinkansen"
● Car number, formation number, logo mark printed
● Installed on the roof
● Color sheet adopted
● Head and tail lights are equipped with a constantly lit board
● Headlights are lit by white LEDs
● Uses hook and U-shaped energizing coupler
● Powered with flywheel
● New current collection system, silver wheels adopted
● M-13 motor adopted
● 826-1009 (M)
● Parts: Power bogie mounting auxiliary rod